The ROA is hosting a music in the park at Clock Tower Park on August 7th starting at 6:30 and going to 8:00. We are asking for lions volunteers to help cook for the event.
DuPont Lions Club
July 17th 2013
Called to order at 7:35 a.m. by President Ferrer
- We had a great turn out for the 4th of July celebration. We came together as a club and made [redacted for public copy]
- The ROA is hosting music in the park at Clock Tower Park and they are asking for volunteers. The date is Wednesday August 7th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- The fall Festival is coming up on September 28th and we were thinking about promoting our wreath sales and membership drive. What do you guys think?
- We were able to hear from Claire from the fire department about the CERT program. Some people from the club have already taken the training and I know that they are working on getting some more training started. There is a position opening up in the next couple of months if you are interested or know of someone that is please contact the fire department or city hall for information.
- August 5th is the District Cabinet Meeting and dinner. They are looking for volunteers for help serving, decorations, and other various positions. I need to know by July 31st. The cost for the dinner is $15 and you can pay at the door. Social starts at 6:00 and the dinner is at 6:30.
- September 4th is the Zone Chair Donna Murr will be visiting our club to prepare us for the District Governor’s visit.
- September 18th our District Governor Marilynn Danby will be visiting. Please come if you can to welcome our DG.
Our next scheduled meeting is August 7th located at First Community Credit Union at 7:30 a.m.
This is a reminder that we will be having a regular meeting on Wednesday July 17th at 7:30 am at the Community 1st Credit Union (2nd Floor meeting room). Please remember to park around back. Hope to see you there!! (Turn on road next to the library from Wilmington Drive to get behind building)